Monday, July 25, 2011

Evening session with Gingy

Caleb and I have finished making the pedestals out in the pasture, thus naturally I had to try them out with the "pedestal pony" right away LOL.  I wasn't in the mood to do liberty, so I opted for online with the 22' rope.

First I had him stand on the near pedestal and he imediately hopped right up.  Then we did traveling circles down to the other end where Caleb and I had erected a second pedestal.  He stood on that one too with just as much gusto and poise LOL.  After that we worked on cantering on the circle for quite awhile, but he just didn't really have enough energy for that and after about six tries I decided move on.  There were several times when I had to go move an obstacle around while we were working on cantering and it just seemed natural for him to stay on the pedestal while I was doing that.  What suprised me was that when sent him to stand on the pedestal and wait for me to come back he did without trying to get off and graze.  Another really cool thing that he did tonight was drawing to me at the trot, he's only done that a couple of time in the all of the time I've known him, so it was really amazing especially since every other time his ears have been back tonight he a wonderful expression.  After I had done all of the things I wanted to online I took the lead off and we trotted back to the corral together at liberty, it was so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment