Friday, September 2, 2011
Knowing when to pause
Today was a really hot day and when I came down at 12:30 it was at it's hottest. I imagine that temperature was at least part of my decision to share territory instead of taking Gingy to the pasture, but the other thing that caused me to choose hanging out over playing was that I sensed the need to pause and mull over some of the things I've been doing with Gingy recently. I won't even try to explain my thoughts because they are too mixed up right now all I can say is that I feel like Gingy and I are on the verge of reaching a new level in our relationship. On another note I think sharing territory was a good thing to do today just because it goes a long ways toward shaping the respect and devoloping the bond in any horse human relationship. There were several times where Gingy got too pushy so I sent him away and by the time I was ready to go back to the house he was not being disrespectful anymore. It's always facinating to me to watch the horses interact amongst themselves because it provides more insight for me as to how I should interact with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment